Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do you carry LV?

I am often puzzled by how a person sees or loves a particular brand; get bag-struck with it and had to have at least one in their wardrobe inventory. I had an encounter with 2 ladies asking if we carry LV. LV as in Louis Vuitton.
It started off with one of them talking about buying LV bag in Paris during a work-trip as it's cheaper. She was proud to announce that she only gets her LV stash in this manner. (Smart gal, I thought to myself, why pay more for luxury goods if you can get them at a lower price!) I smiled back when they asked me if I have been to Paris..... 
Yes. I had been to Paris many times. I remembered visiting Paris with a few friends while I was studying in England. That was 10 years ago. I did think to pop by the flagship store cos the guidebook said I should look at the internal decor - but ended up being too lazy and decided it was much more pleasant sitting in cafe, watching people and feeding myself with the delectable croissant and sipping little espresso.

Anyhow, at that time, I was not really into bags yet. One of my friends commented that she didn't buy any LV when she visited Paris, and said that the LV trademark logo is too obvious (as compared to Prada) - cos she doesn't want to be robbed. What was it about LV cos all my girlfriends were talking about it? I was clueless then.

And since this is something which supposedly all ladies are expected to know (and for men, good to know) - what for, I have no idea - I came home and flipped through all my girly magazines to find a LV advertisement; to make sure I got at least one good look at that dratted logo.(at that time no such thing as google yet!)  Which was probably a good thing, cos to me, it looks alot like it should be read as VL instead of LV. So it ensures that next time I won't get into a situation like: "hey.. new bag.. it says...VL.. oh the brand's the reverse of LV! Is it trying to copy LV? Lemme guess... bought from bangkok?"
Can it be read as VL?
On the topic about fake bags. In recent years, I found out that there are in fact a lot of fake LVs around. It's everywhere. My fishmonger neighbour is carrying a LV. I asked her if her husband bought it. She replied in market english " oh very cheap one this brand. Only $10 for a bag, bought from pasat malam downstairs"
Oops! does she knows that it is an expensive brand if it is a real one. The market these days are flooded with replica of branded bags, shoes, clothes, and including baby milk powder. I am careful not to get myself into buying any replica. My heart will certainly stop if  I had spent an exorbitant amount to find that it was a fake. Hence, I don't buy anything expensive online esp in ebay.
As for LV, Sorry, we don't carry LV in our shop. Personally I dont quite like the brand. It is too common; almost everyone has one, whether real or fake; I never own anything LV, perhaps I will change my mind one day. I have nothing against LV, just a personal preference. I think LV makes good leather goods. Their collection range from seasons to seasons, some fabulous ones, and some not so great! Below are some LV spring collection 2011. I will let you be the judge.





LV- Sprng 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment