Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A typical day in the shop

I like meeting new people and I do, since I work in a shop. It is nice to meet and interact and to get to know people who have such different lives and experiences from your own. That's the good thing about working in sales. Somehow it comes more naturally to interact with people (part of customer service) who you wouldn't normally get to interact with when working in a cushy office. It's then that you realise how far the sphere of interesting activities/experiences/opinions/behaviours extends beyond your field of view.

And yes, I do get people asking typical questions, which lead me wondering if I should tell my boss to put up a FAQ.

"Are these second hand handbags? - Er, no. All these bags are brand new.
"Ohhh (horrified tone) You mean they are imitation??? (incredulous look) - Er, no, Mdm all these bags are also authentic. We import them from Europe..
"Are you sure you can do that ? - (And of course surprise to find that we are not in any illegal business.)

The best part is, they seemed quite serious in finding out all our bags prices and comparing them with the boutique.
thedeborahshop
"Yes Mdm, the Lady Dior bag is $2900, the boutique is selling them at $3600 - Wow! I need to tell my friends. Got namecards?

I am quite ecstatic whenever a customer gets excited about the bags and starts asking probing questions, like are you the boss?. It is also incredibly fun to observe the interactions whenever my colleagues are serving customers. I am so looking forward to the next work day!

2 comments:

  1. i went to their shop today and i am amazed tat the bags n wallets r so much cheaper then orchard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly. Our shop offers great savings up to even $1000 for some exclusive bags. I hope you have bag your purchase in thedeborahshop :)

    ReplyDelete