Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Encounter on Valentine's Day

I scoured the stores in Square 2 this evening with a headache, looking for a Valentine's Day gift for Eden to cheer him up since he had to work on V Day. I intended to buy him a single stalk of rose, or perhaps a box of chocolate. Walked into a number of stores, not finding what I wanted. The florist only had big huge bouquet of roses and the chocolate shop had closed down. Was heading back towards thedeborahshop, tired from my failed mission..... Then there was this guy standing alone nearby beckoned me to move closer so he could speak. Slightly surprised, I turned and looked at him questioningly, half expecting him to ask me for direction.


Instead
Ang Mo Guy:  hey! you looked familiar.  
Me: *Raises eyebrows*
Me: I guess I work here and maybe you've seen me around.
Guy: No no, it's not that. You just look... pretty. And he shrugs and smiles.

Me: Thanks!.....( hurriedly walked away)


And I thought that was actually quite sweet. The comments coming from females are mostly sincerely appreciated, cos which female would tell another female (and a stranger too) something like that and not mean it?  But those coming from males are often insincere, out of fun to see how you would react, or with the intention of hitting on you - or even getting a positive answer to something close to a marriage proposal (yes that has happened before - for the record, I said no and laughed my head off thinking he was joking. He wasn't too happy about that. BTW,  that happened when I was overseas)
Maybe someone read my previous post about not having a date on Valentine's Day and pulled a trick on me.

This experience had taught me that I should be careful what I post in the blog. At least, I know someone is reading. So it is not that a bad experience afterall.
For all who are reading, visit thedeborahshop at Level 3, Novena Square and buy a bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment