Monday, February 21, 2011

A worrying sign

This is certainly not a warning about an another flu epidemic, be assured.
I was concern about our choices of handbags. Someone actually know someone who has a collection of FAKE Coach bags! I was very shocked to hear that cos Coach is not an expensive brand of the lot. One fake bag is fine, you may not know what you are getting into; 2 fake bags perhap you really like the bag but its no longer on sales and you have to resort to buying a fake. 30 fake Coach bags sound like a serious problem that need immediate professional help, dont you reckon? It is like brewing a mental illness, close OCD, an obsession or fetish of FAKE bags.

What about getting yourself an alternative on how to lay your hands on an authentic bag that does not burn a hole in your pocket?

1) Find out how much the authentic bag cost vs the fake one. There are cheaper means and options these days, i.e thedeborahshop offers lower than retail prices and a wide range of selections. Some of the bags are very exquisite and you may not find it anywhere else in S'pore. We only carry authentic brand new bags, so you can be assured of the quality and craftmanship. In addition, we offer after sales-service. We provide free polishing and service the bags should there be any defects. Check out: http://www.thedeborahshop.com/

2) I won't recommend shopping online. They may be cheaper cos who knows if the bags are replica (a nicer way of saying Fake). You dont want to put yourself in a suitation where there is a balancing act between risk and return. It can never completely avoid the black sheep of the pack, if you shop online.

3) I can't tell you how much I love a brand new authentic bag. The feeling of owning an authentic bag is certainly worth more than 30 fakes. How to spot a fake? Find the seams are crooked or models that is not available in the boutique, is an indication that the bag is not genuine. ( come to our shop and we can further educate you on how to spot a fake). If a seller tells you that the stock be sold at a good price because it was an error during production, you should continue to look elsewhere.

Your risk of damaging your reputation is too great. So go look for authentic designer handbags at affordable prices.

5 comments:

  1. Fake Coach bags? You must be joking. Coach is having sale so often that any newly launched item would on sale very quickly!

    As for shopping online, you must know what you should be looking for. I have gotten great deals before but beware, there are A LOT of fakes out there,

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I heard about that fake Coach bag I was like totally stunned. Do you know that every week there will be a Coach and Katespade warehouse sales? No kiddin! I never been to one and I rather go watch a movie. When something is on sales all the time, the value just dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem with Coach and Kate Spade is that nothing is sacred. Everything would be on sale at some point. If they want to keep their branding, there should be some bags that would not be on sale. There are times that I think even Bonia bags are more exclusive than Coach and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant agree more. It is like everyone Coach or KS bags are bought during sales or from some factory outlet in America. Confession: I used to collect different colour of Coach bags from the US many years ago. They are affordable, ard US$200-400. I have soooo many of them! I have given them away when I knew we are having so many sales. Faint! zzz....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be sad. Occasionally there are nice pieces which I am quite willing to pay especially if they are on sale. And they are excellent bags to carry to functions and places where you cannot store your bag carefully. I once carried a Valentino bag - those with silk roses to a buffet at my uncle's place. I have to rescue it from one of my oversized relatives about to squash the bag against the sofa and then rescue it from a baby who tugged at the silk roses.

    ReplyDelete