Saturday, October 15, 2011

1921 Gucci Collection

1921 Collection, $2000 at thedeborahshop 
The above is the 1921 collection to celebrate Gucci 90th anniversary. IT's ninety, all that history and experiences behind the brand, GUCCI.  Indeed an event to celebrate and remember.  I always like anniversary pieces that was create for an occasion or having it revived for that matter. Did this bag really exist in the 1921? I really would like to know.

I don't know anyone personally who are 90 years old. My grandma died at a age of 87, she was borned in 1925. She was the oldest person that I know thus far. If possible I would like to know someone who is borned in 1900 to tell me what he/she thinks about the bags in 1920s. Of cos, I doubt anyone is alive by now. The next best bet is to get information from the net , biography on persons who lived during that era. I thought it will be so cool if I can get my hands on a certain bag that was passed to me, like a heirloom. I will be proud to announce that this and this are from 1921 era passed down to me by so and so....and he/she liked this b'cos ....and..etc.
Anyway, back to the 1921 Gucci clutch. Personally, it is a fantastic piece. It has a clean cut design, not loud with glitters and or gold hardware. The leather is smooth, however the horsebit logo create a slight dent to the leather. Other than that little kink, the rest is just perfect. I love the cherry 2 tones colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment