Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Made in China bags should also be half the price

I prefer the luxury bags in my shop to be made in Italy, considering the price I am paying. Besides, it is not just it's name we are buying, but the designs and handiworks that made it. I am not advocating that Italian bags made in China, Turkey, Romania are less superior these days or we could tell the difference in a glance. Having said that, I prefer my Chinese teacups set to be made in China, than in Italy.

Different countries differ in culture and therefore differ in strength. We know countries who bear big name by the things they produce and sell. For example, we associate Ikea and Sabb with Sweden, Apple with US, Sony with Japan and Prada with Italy. Italy produce big car names like Ferrari but dont forget that India and Pakistan also made history by having nuclear weapons. If one day Ferrari is made in India, would it still fetch the same price and status?

The world is getting smaller due to globalisation. I know there are many mass market bags ( we are talking about branded designers bags) are made in China. For example, the nylon black Prada tote and some LV are made in China. To be certain, I always make a point to check the labels. I prefer to carry bags that are made in Italy- I may be fooled as some bags are only assembled in Italy, but at least....Ia m not fixated that all Italian bags should be made in Italy, but I am sure one day, most of it will be made in China or India where labours are cheaper.

Perhaps bags made in China should be half the price?

Thanks Beatrice for pointing out.  Hope you enjoy the bag nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment