Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just buy it

I begin to notice that when a woman shops for bags, their better half will often sit on our Italy imported transparent chair and going 'yes or no'. Often than not, the men will inevitably say ' if you like it, buy' or 'just buy and let's go dinner'. And 90% of the woman will end up not buying any. Ladies, why don't you just buy the bag? I would have buy it for a simple reason cos I like it.
I believed, in general women want their men to say politically correct stuff that is pleasant to hear. Men had pick up signs from past experiences or by reading woman's magazine in order to understand their woman better. In general. men tend to stay clear from any trouble and will not want to get into a long drawn sulking silence so they will say what women want to hear. Of cos, I am not saying that this applies to all, but somehow in my observations of our customers. After all the two words" just buy" could be seen as a reverse psychology. When the man says 'buy', the woman is probably thinking, ' ok, he is generous and knows that I really like the bag, that's good enough" and for the man " I hope she won't buy cos all she needs is some attention to show that I care"

So in the end, both are happy except for the sales person in the shop. I am not advocating that we should spend on an expensive items without consulting our partners. But, please don't use shopping as an excuse to test each other out. There are much better way to show care and concern. It is not about setting a bar to see if men can get pass it in order to find out if this man really loves you. Relationships seems complex to me, maybe I think like a man. I will bring my man shopping cos he values add, not just forking out $$ to make me happy. To all men reading this blog, shopping with a woman is like spending time together, understanding her taste. It is never about how much is she going to splurge this time.
Have fun shopping and doing things together :) 

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when I meet this type of couple in the shop. HURRY UP as I have been waiting the last 20 minutes to take a closer look at the item you are holding.

    ReplyDelete