Monday, March 7, 2011

Why women are drawn towards buying bags and shoes?

I started a new regime, which is to exercise at least once a week. I finally signed up for Yoga last week after much procrastination. I feel energised and less guilty with all the chocolate I have been downing. It was indeed a new beginning and I do hope to be able to keep to this resolution.

The night before my Yoga classs, I was a bit concern of what I should wear. I am not exactly fit or have a tone body to die for. I have fats around my tummy and cellulite at the back of my thighs. I don't have a long lean body that could pull off anything I wear. I was close to being in distress. I spent 2 hours in front of the mirror inspecting myself. Long tights, sleeves t-shirt, short tights, baggy T-shirt...etc. I was trying out all my outfits that could be worn to the class. After agonising for 2 whole hours, if not more, I decided to heck it.  In the end I wore the most unflattering pair of track pants and T-shirt.
My Celine Gym bag. Available in thedeborahshop

 However, I dont have such a headache when it choosing my bag and shoes. I grabbed my Celine soft leather gym bag and my usual Nike trainers. Somehow, I gathered the reason why ladies are drawn to buying bags and shoes. I shop for bags and shoes more often than buying clothes and so do most of my gal friends.
First, we dont have to queue for a fitting room to buy a bag or a pair of shoes. We don't have to remove our clothes, put on the new clothes, take it off and put our clothes back on! And then, we decided to get a different size or a colour, or a different size with a different colour, and repeat the steps all over again. With bags, we can try on a bag within 10 sec, look at the mirror and see how the bag look on us without feeling embarrass that the zipper is going to burst. The best part of all is that we never feel fat when buying a bag!

Should we then not adorn clothes that matches our bags and shoes, rather than the other way round? Since shopping for bags and shoes seem easier, right? I am wondering what to wear for my next yoga class.

3 comments:

  1. One of my friends wear clothes that always matches the bag she is carrying. She loves bags and she has a huge collection of bags. If she is carrying a purple bag that week, you would see her wearing clothes in shades of purple. I always wonder how she manages that. But then....she also got a huge collection of clothes so she could pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way....if that particular friend of mine decides to carry that purple bag for 1 week....you would wear clothes in shades of purple for 1 WHOLE WEEK. Hard to believe....but it is true. The last time she was carrying a pink bag....she wore pink/white clothes for 1 whole month to match her bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! haha... maybe you can ask her to come to the shop more often. :)

    ReplyDelete