Friday, March 11, 2011

Writing about bags

I browsed people's blog, mostly reading their write ups about bags. One of my favourite is purseblog. I think the team had put together updates of the latest collection of handbags, together with celebrities styles. Having said I have also noted that the content is geared towards America viewpoint  and so some of the recommendations may not be that applicable to us (Singapore). Of cos, I do read our local writings about bags and I wonder how thedeborahshop fair.

I am not an exactly a writer in the making per se. I grew up watching loads of TV, reading trash and hardly lifting a pen to write. I never develop a habit to write diaries cos my brother would steal and read them. I am still struggling to find topics to write and how to make this blog interesting. Well, I've learned that writing is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent playing solitaire on the computer. I took ages to get one posting out, please pardon my lack of discipline.

Now, back to business:-

Marni BMMP101TN4, $1250
 Casual, multi fabric, lined with silver studs. Again I have to emphasise that studs give bags a 3D look and a bit rock chic elegance to it. At first glance, this bag does not appeal to me. Over time we actually develop a liking to this bag and I hope you can see it dawns on you too.


take 2!

Take 3!
The craze of Marni bags have certainly not caught up in locally as much as we will like to see more diversity in brands/labels. We carry a few pieces safe looking design of Marni bags in the shop to choose from, playing with fabric and style of bag. Safe choice does not mean boring. It means a bag that we can use it all the time and functional.

1 comment:

  1. I love to read blogs about bags. Some brands really are awful at updating their website. I have uncovered hidden treasures before through blogs. Sometimes it is difficult to ask the SA whether that particular style would be imported to Singapore. I always carry pictures of bags that I crave in my iphone so that I could show them to the SA to keep a lookout for me.

    I too love reading purseblog but I do not always agree with them. I really love some of the bags where they gave horrendous reviews.

    ReplyDelete