Monday, June 6, 2011

Every girl needs a gay best friend

I first realised that my gay friend gives better advise than my best gal friend 2 years ago when I was having a relationship crisis.You see, my gay friend won't shut up and just listen. He doesn't have any hidden agenda, like girlfriends who can be competitive at times, ranging from shopping deals to the choice of your boyfriends, and worse, knowing that you have put on weight and not tell you. I am not sure if I can generalise it to all gay men, but I am blessed!
I am surrounded by gay friends. My yoga instructor is gay, I see him once a week, and I only like to attend his classes. He is really funny, hence going to yoga is perceived as fun, rather than a tortour. Yes, he does torture us by making us do 'the hundreds' for 5 mins, straight! But you know, it's the only way to strengthen the tummy(flat tummy) and it is good for us! In the shop, I have become friends with gay customers who worked out in the gym, from the nearby offices and of cos, some work in the shops around the mall. They often greet us greet us with a broad smile, sometimes they will buy us food and their mannerism is candid and I do enjoy the conversations we had.

Gay friends is unlike your dad, brothers, or boyfriends. They are like a class all by themselves. They can give you insights of what/how straight men think. My gay friend gives me complicated advice to complicated situations especially when it comes to relationships. He can be trusted around my boyfriend, he pumps me up when I get emotionally deflated and of cos, he will also tell me straight in my face that I look horrible if I look horrible. He will point out if I need to go for facial or a hair-cut and make sure I drink my liang teh if I am sick. He will make sure I am taken care of before all my buying trips with a lot more liang teh. They can be good boyfriend material, but not interested in gals leh. As Sex and the City stated, "gay boyfriends are the loophole of monogamy"

Well, not all gay men give good advice. Good gay advice is not something you can count on 100 percent, like death, your one horror boyfriend, and PMS. Though it is not 100 percent foolproof, its pretty damn close.
In view of the Pink Dot movement, to celebrate love in all forms, thedeborahshop is giving 5% discount for all new arrivals if you wear Pink on 18 June. So com'on down to our shop in Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment