Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chinese New Year 2012- China Town Singapore

Chinese New Year is a very special festive season as compared to other new year that I know. We have a total of 15 days of celebration, and this Sunday, 29 Jan is "Everybody's birthday". I happened to know as I was invited to a sumptuous dinner, I know. I had a lot to eat over the last few days. Chinese New Year is a lavish 2 day event in my family. We ate non-stop and there was always food to go round each person 10 times.  In a not so ancient past, my dad told me when he was a boy, they only had chicken on new year's day as my grandparents could not afford to have it everyday. Even then, it was not one chicken per person, it was one whole chicken to feed the entire family of 12 members. I am blessed.

Below are some pictures taken in China town, Singapore. I thought they were beautifully taken and summarised the happenings for those who missed out, for example myself. The pictures were taken by a friend who is totally soak in the Chinese New Year mood. He is going to celebrate the whole 15 days till it last.

I hope to share this with you.
bustling with people in China Town preparing for the New Year

rising a red lantern
Few old building standing


Auspicious saying to hang on the door
Stalls selling New Year decorations





Chinese New Year fruits? I have no idea!

I know Pomelo and pears




is this edible?

No comments:

Post a Comment