Friday, July 22, 2011

Anyone going for a $20 Prada?

I chanced upon a page that read " 99 per cent off". On a closer look, it's a Prada shoulder bag for $20.50( no further details given), which is about 1 % the retail price. It must be a desperate call for such a sale. Below are some of  my guesses for such desperate sales

1) for publicity- using cheap cheap sales, but nothing really worth getting.
2) It- is- ok -to- spend -$20 -on- a- mistake mentality. A lot of people will be lured to go and find that they wasted the time cos there is nothing to buy.
3) Clear stock- can't get rid of these bags anyway, $20 is better than $0.
4) Playing psychological games on consumers to see their reactions as a group-deindividuation ( People in a group tend to do stupider things as compared to an individual such as frantic buying)
5) A study on consumers patterns and laugh at how stupid we can be
6) To kill competitors in a wrong way

In my opinion, I don't think I will waste my time fighting for such bargains. I will be better off spending that $20 on food or drinks then to get an item that I will not even take a second look at it.
I dont think I will feel good carrying a $20 Prada bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment