Monday, July 4, 2011

Riding as a pillion

I spent the weekend here in Bologna and it was a blast! I went out with a bunch of Italian friends who work in the fashion related field. They are all good looking, tall and tan, fashionably clad in designer wear from head to toe.

Anyway, Mario came with his 1000 cc motorcycle and asked me to hop on, as if I was an experienced rider. Yes, I wanted the wind in my hair but not expecting this. I stayed in a cottage down on the countryside and the beach was about 15 mins away if you drive sanely. Mario was going 150 km/h on his bike and we reached our destination within 5 mins. I felt I have gone for a face lift. The draft on a bike travelled at 150km/h is probably an equivalent or close to a face lift treatment in time to come. No intrusion or down time. Perhaps some smart scientists can come out with a wind tunnel machine just fit for a face; stick your head in and Bravo! instant face lift in 5 mins.

I was concern with our safety of cos as the road were sandy and winding. I held onto him as he accelerated into the wind, slowed down upon reaching dangerous curves and sped up again. When we reached the destination, I could feel the adrenaline still pumping and my legs were wobbly like jellies. I managed to tell him, yes it was good fun. I remembered my last trip. He picked me up from Rome Airport in his BMW and sped all the way at about 200 km/h if not more. The result was not astounding, 8 tickets= 45 points, 4000 Euro within a day. He had to beg and borrow points from his friends and paid the fine.

I do not condone dangerous driving and not taking responsibility of one's life. I hope I will be able to hold on to this philosophy of life- our life belong to God alone and we should live life according to His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment