Saturday, July 2, 2011

Away from Home and some news

Greetings from Paris, the city of Love/Romance. I am not here to find romance nor am I with someone special. I am here to get away from the hustle & bustle. I need to spend some time on my own and be by myself. I call this ‘Durian’ time. It is just a term I use for time like this. 
I don’t intend to do any touristy stuff, no Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe or cruising down River Seine. I did all that stuff a few years back with someone I love very much, including learning the language. I don’t intend to reminisce the good old times I had before. So for now, I am focusing on my own, learning to be alone and not feel lonely.   
I spent all my dinner time in McDonald, not because I like junk food, more due to the free wifi. You see, the place I am staying has NO wifi, I mean no internet.  Basically it is just a charming house in an excellent location but I am not connected. It can be a good thing since I wanted to be alone. I am grateful that I have a shelter over my head and do as I pleased since I am here by myself.
I’ve no plans for the next few days….I am roaming here aimlessly. One thing for sure it’s to do some market survey for bags! That’ll keep me going.
Galleries Lafayette



My Favourite Cafe for afternoon tea
I visited Galleries Lafayette and Champs-Elysees. The Summer Sales are on going. The good news is some of the classic bags in store here are almost the same price as what we have in the shop. I can confidently tell you that our Bottega Venetta prices are excellently priced; i.e. it is cheaper to get from thedeborahshop than to fly here thinking you will get a better deal even after tax return. In fact, there is little if not no savings at all for other designers brands after the tax return. We re truly blessed to know that our bags are competitively priced even in Europe.  You can check it out yourself if you dont believe.

Anyway, Dior prices had gone up. A Lady Dior cost Euro 2100 for a small one, it used to be Euro 1900 or half a year ago it was only Euro 1700. The sale lady in the Dior boutique told me it is a good investment. 

I am going to source for Autum/Winter collection and will bring you the latest before the collection hit S'pore.
Stay tune.
From Paris-June 2011


     

No comments:

Post a Comment